NSDC Course: General Duty Assistant (Healthcare)
- 1 (Registered)
NSDC Course: General Duty Assistant (Healthcare) introduces you to the role of a General Duty Assistant and what it involves.
As a General Duty Assistant your role involves assistance to nurses and doctors delivering medical care to patients being treated in the hospital. In addition to the assistance to the doctors, you also a play a crucial role in patient care. You will be supporting the patient in the management of their day to day activities during their stay in the hospital.
This course gives you all the information you need in order to perform effectively as a General Duty Assistant. You will be introduced to the hospital system with a focus on the structure and services that are delivered in the hospital. You will learn the necessary precautions you will need to follow while delivering patient care.
This free online course is designed to equip you with the basic knowledge with a focus on skills to manage the patient.
You will be introduced to the different areas of the role of the General Duty Assistant including:
– Transportation of the patient into the hospital and from one ward to the other as needed.
– Aid and support the patient in managing personal hygiene.
– Support the nurses while administering drugs and drawing samples.
– Handling and management of hospital equipment including medical and surgical equipment.
– Help the patient while feeding and eliminating wastes excreted.
– Note and report clinical observations such as body temperature, breathing rate.
– Ensure that patients are kept as comfortable as possible.
This course will be of great interest to you if you would like to learn more about the role of the General Duty Assistant. It is also beneficial to you if you would like to learn more about how a hospital operates and serves patients.
Curriculum is empty